BCACC Operations Update: January 4, 2021
2021 Boone County dog licenses are now available. You may license your dog(s) in-person at the shelter, or online. No appointment is neccessary for licensing your dog(s) in-person at the animal shelter.
To license your dog, you must have current proof of rabies vaccination for your dog(s).
Ready to license?
Click Here to License Online!
BCACC Operations Update: November 4, 2020
Due to the ongoing public health concern, in-person business at Boone County Animal Care & Control will continue to be held by appointment. If members of the public are interested in viewing available animals or checking for lost animals, they may be admitted without an appointment when facility capacity guidelines allow. However, to ensure that we can provide you the best service in the most efficient manner possible, please call ahead and we will be happy to make an appointment for you. You can contact BCACC by calling (859) 586-5285
- All animal control complaints and issues are still being handled by our Animal Control Officers.
- Animals available for adoption may be viewed here.
- If you are missing or have found an animal, please check our Lost & Found.
- There is a no-contact drop box outside the shelter for any correspondence citizens need to get to BCACC staff, such as dog license applications or proof of vaccinations.
- A donation receptacle will be left outside the front door of the shelter during business hours.
Again, as we are working diligently to keep our community and staff safe, we still ask that you contact the shelter by phone before coming to the facility. (859) 586-5285.