Christmas Tree Recycling
BooneCounty and the City of Florence are offering two programs to recycle Christmas trees.
Christmas Tree Pick-Up: The County’s Public Works Department and the City’s Public Services Department will run their snow routes to pick up trees curbside from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 4, 2017. Residents should place their tree out on the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. The trees will be taken to a collection point and ground into mulch.
PLEASE NOTE: If crews must run snow routes to treat roads that day, tree pickup will occur the day after the roads have been cleared.
Christmas Tree Drop-Off: Trees may be dropped off at five sites before 8:00 am on January 7, 2017
- Farmer’s Market on KY 18 (Parking lot next to Burger King)
- Stringtown Park (one block west of Boone County High School)
- Union Pool- (Old Union Rd.)
- Walton Park (by the back ball fields)
- Lakeside Christian Church Parking Lot (Corner of North Bend Road & Tanners Rd.)
Please make sure the tree is stripped of all tinsel, ornaments, lights & bags.
For more information, call Kelly Bowlin at 334–3629 or Jeremy Kleier at 647-5416 or visit our website at: http://www.boonecountyky.org/departments/solid_waste/index.aspx