2020 General Election Information Announced by County Clerk
Boone County voters will have a number of options to cast their ballot in the upcoming 2020 General Election including absentee ballots, mail-in absentee ballots, early voting or voting on Election Day (November 3) at one of ten (10) polling places across the County. For complete information, visit Boone County Clerk Justin Crigler’s website by clicking CLERK.
EARLY VOTING (IN PERSON)
Early voting will take place at the Boone County Extension Enrichment Center located at 1824 Patrick Drive in Burlington, KY 41005. Voters should part in the lower lot next to Burger King and enter on the first floor. Early voting will be available from October 13- November 2. Times for early voting will be:
Monday, Thursday and Friday from 9am-4:30pm
Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am - 6pm
Saturday October 17, 24 and 31st from 9am -1pm.
ABSENTEE BALLOT (MAIL-IN VOTING)
Voters who wish to vote by mail will need to use the State Board of Elections portal to request a ballot. The online portal is now open for use at https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/abrweb/
To use the portal, you will need your date of birth, Social Security Number and Kentucky Driver’s License number or Kentucky Personal Identification card number. Do not worry if your Driver’s License is expired. The DEADLINE to apply online for an Absentee ballot is October 9, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m. EST
IF YOU INTEND TO VOTE IN PERSON, DO NOT REQUEST A MAIL-IN BALLOT. According to Section 23 of the emergency regulations for this election, “Once a voter has requested a mail-in absentee ballot, the voter CANNOT vote in person unless the voter does NOT RECEIVE their requested ballot by OCTOBER 28, 2020.”
In-person Election Day voting for the 2020 general election will take place on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. Each County Clerk is required to submit a proposal for polling locations that will have to get approval by the Kentucky State Board of Elections, The Secretary of State & Governor. The Boone County Board of Elections will be submitting a plan for approval that includes ten (10) polling location for the upcoming General Election (11/3/2020). These polling locations will be considered “Super Polls” and Boone County residents will be able to vote at ANY of the locations regardless of where you live in Boone County. There will be MULTIPLE check in stations and MULTIPLE voting machines at each location.
The locations submitted for approval to be used as polling places include:
1. Larry A Ryle High School, 10379 US-42, Union, KY 41091
2. Randall K. Cooper High School, 2855 Longbranch Road, Union, KY 41091
3. Conner High School, 3310 Cougar Path, Hebron, KY 41048
4. Boone County High School, 7056 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 4104
5. Walton-Verona High School, 16 School Road, Walton, KY 41094
6. Walton-Verona Elementary School, 15066 Porter Road, Verona, KY 41092
7. R.A. Jones Middle School, 8000 Spruce Drive, Florence, KY 41042
8. Ockerman Middle School, 8300 US-42, Florence, KY 41042
9. Charles H. Kelly Elementary School, 6775 McVille Road, Burlington, KY 41005
10. Boone County Extension Enrichment Center, 1824 Patrick Drive, Burlington, KY 41005
For additional information, visit the Boone County Clerk’s website by clicking CLERK.