BOONE COUNTY TAXPAYER’S NOTICE
The 2017 County tax bills are now due and payable. If you do not receive your bill in the next few days, please contact the County Sheriff’s Office. When mailing your payment, please include the payment stub portion of your tax bill or put the tax bill number on your check. If you wish to have a paid receipt returned to you, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The following are the collection dates:
2% Discount 10.01.17 – 11.01.17
Face Amount 11.02.17 – 01.02.18
5% Penalty 01.03.18 – 01.31.18
10% Penalty+10% Sheriff’s Add-on Fee 02.01.18 – 04.16.18
All delinquent tax bills will be transferred to the County Clerk’s Office as of the close of business on April 16, 2018. In addition to the penalties and fees that are applied by the Sheriff’s Office all payments made in the County Clerk’s Office are subject to a 20% County Attorney’s Fee, a 10% County Clerk’s Fee and interest at 1% per month. The delinquency is also subject to being sold to a Third Party in the summer of 2018.
New this year! You can now pay your Boone County Property Tax Bill at the Florence Government Center, Monday – Friday, from Oct. 1st, 2017 through January 2nd, 2018.
Boone County Property Tax Bill Payment Information
Boone County Property Tax Bills are collected by Boone County Sheriff, Michael A. Helmig.
THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE IS LOCATED AT 3000 CONRAD LANE IN BURLINGTON, KENTUCKY.
- The Sheriff’s Office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For the convenience of the taxpayers, Sheriff Helmig will have his office open on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to Noon from October 1st through December 31st.
- Make checks payable to Boone County Sheriff, Michael A. Helmig for the exact amount due as indicated on the front of your bill. Payments must be made in full; we cannot accept partial payments.
- Remember to include the remittance portion of your bill.
- There will be a $50.00 fee for ALL CHECKS RETURNED for any reason (i.e. insufficient funds, closed accounts, etc.).
- Pay your Tax Bill On-Line
- For your convenience, you can now pay your Boone County Property Tax Bill on–line by simply clicking on the above link. We accept credit and debit cards (subject to transaction fee of 2.5% +.30) as well as e–checks (.50 transaction fee).
Check the payment status of your tax bill using the applicable link at the top of this page. For other questions regarding the payment of your tax bill, please call (859) 334–2175.
Taxable Value of Your Property
If you have questions about the assessed or taxable value of your property, please contact the PVA Office at (859) 334-2181, or visit the PVA website at www.boonepva.ky.gov
If you wish to dispute the assessed value of your property for the 2014 tax year, you may do so online from October 1st–May 1st at www.boonepvaappeals.com or you may call or e–mail Marcie to set up a conference at either (859) 334–4817 or email@example.com. Once you submit your information someone from our office will contact you to hold a conference. Any taxpayer desiring to appeal an assessment on real property made by the PVA must first have a conference with the PVA office before May 19th, 2014. Unfortunately, we are unable to make any changes to the 2013 assessed value.
Homestead or Disability Exemption
If you are or will be 65 years of age during this current year, own and occupy this home as your primary residence, and the homestead exemption amount of $36,000 does not appear on the front of your tax bill, please contact the PVA Office at (859) 334–2181, before paying your tax bill.
If you are 100% totally and permanently disabled, receiving disability benefits, own and occupy this home as your primary residence, and the disability exemption amount of $36,000 does not appear on the front of your tax bill, please contact the PVA Office at (859) 334–2181, before paying your tax bill. PLEASE NOTE: Disabled persons younger than 65 years of age must apply annually for this exemption with the exception of service-related disabled veterans of the United States Armed Forces.
For other property tax bill related information please call (859) 334–8480