What can be recycled?
- Aluminum & Metal Cans: food and beverage containers only, including metal caps or lids.
- Cardboard & Paperboard: remove wax liners and all other debris and flatten. Please include dry, clean cardboard and paperboard only. Paperboard includes brown, thicker paper like cereal boxes, tissue boxes, and toilet/paper towel rolls. Please remove all plastic and styrofoam before recycling.
- Glass: food and beverage containers ONLY. Remove lid and rinse before recycling.
- Mixed Paper: white paper, folders, junk mail, office paper, magazines, phone books, envelopes, newspaper, etc. Clean and dry only. Please remove any plastic wrap on phonebooks and magazines!
- Plastic Bottles: All plastics with a spout, such as laundry detergent bottles, water bottles, coke bottles, shampoo bottles. Anything with a smaller opening than the bottom. No need to remove the labels or caps. No butter tubs, yogurt containers, food containers, styrofoam, storage tubs, etc.
Drop-Off Recycling Program
Boone County Solid Waste offers several locations where you can drop off your everyday recyclables! This process is easy and FREE. Please keep the surrounding grounds at these locations litter-free. If the bin is full, please take a second to call the number on the bin (859-334-3151) to let us know!
BURLINGTON **Due to COVID-19, only Corner of Maplewood Drive & Idlewild Road (next to Fairgrounds) available**
- Belleview/McVille Fire Department – 6900 McVille Road
- Corner of Maplewood Drive & Idlewild Road (next to Fairgrounds)
- Extension Enrichment Center Parking (next to Burger King) – 1824 Patrick Drive **closed for utility work in 2021**
- Bullittsville Christian Church – 3094 Petersburg Road
ERLANGER **Due to COVID-19, no locations available**
- St. Henry High School – 3755 Scheben Drive
- Point Pleasant Fire Protection District – 3444 Turfway Road
FLORENCE **Due to COVID-19, no locations available**
- Boone County High School – 7056 Burlington Pike
- Oakbrook Park – 6605 Oakbrook Drive
- Immanuel United Methodist Church – 1440 Boone Aire Road
- Boone Links Golf Course – 19 Clubhouse Drive
HEBRON **Due to COVID-19, only North Pointe Elementary available**
- Conner High School – 3310 Cougar Path
- North Pointe Elementary School – 875 North Bend Road
- Petersburg Community Center – Corner of Tanner Street and Second Street
- Union Park (FKA Union Pool) – 10165 Old Union Road
- Walton Fire Protection District – 12600 Towne Center Drive
- Verona Fire Department – 14924 Walton-Verona Road