Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties accept certain items for free from the public year-round and recycle them. Acceptable items include refrigerators, stoves, air conditioners, washers, dryers, water heaters, and most other metal appliances.
- ♦ Boone County Public Works
- 5645 Idlewild Road, Burlington 334–3600––Drop off Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please note:
- to dropping off any item at Boone County Public Works, residents must stop into the Public Works Dept. office, sign in and present their drivers' license to the office attendant.
- ♦ Campbell County Transportation Garage
- A.J. Jolly Park, Race Track Road, Alexandria 635–9100––Drop off Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- ♦ Kenton County Public Works
- 420 Independence Station Road, Independence 392–1920––Drop off Monday thru Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call our "WE CARE" hotline (392–1999) to have appliances picked up within three business days