The mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to enforce the health, safety and welfare provisions of the Boone County Code of Ordinances and to promote, protect and improve the health, safety and welfare of the citizens and visitors to Boone County. Where violations occur, our goal is to work with our citizens to achieve voluntary compliance, whenever possible, and to ensure an efficient and fair process.
Code Enforcement serves Boone County by inspecting possible ordinance violations.
Common Ordinance Inspection Requests:
- Boone County Ord. 50.100 Solid Waste Nuisances
- Boone County Ord. 70.01 Steel tracked vehicle upon county roads prohibited
- Boone County Ord. 91.02 Equine Feces on the road
- Boone County Ord. 92.01 Discarded items left in open storage
- Boone County Ord. 93.01 Unsightly vegetation
- Boone County Ord. 97.01 Debris left on county roads or right-of-way
- Boone County Ord. 97.38 Water flowing over county roads
- Boone County Ord. 97.61 Right-of-way encroachment policy
- Boone County Ord. 150.61 Conditions determining unfit structure
- Boone County Ord. 154.01 Signs in public right-of-way
To read the ordinances listed above, click the ordinance number and you will be directed to that ordinance. You may also read all Boone County ordinances here.
Contact Code Enforcement by phone at: (859) 334-3600.
Contact Robert Wilson, Code Enforcement Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the Code Enforcement Process flowchart click here.
Visit Boone County Planning Commission's publications page to view the most current Subdivision Regulations and Zoning Regulations.