Historic Courthouse Room Reservations
The Boone County Historic Courthouse has been renovated and adapted for use a community center serving Burlington and Boone County. Reservations are made through the Boone County Property Maintenance Department. The Historic Courthouse has two facilities available to the public.
The Main Hall once served as the Circuit Courtroom for Boone County. It has been renovated for use as a community hall. Seating capacity is 200 for theatre-style (chairs only) and 125 for banquet-style (round tables). This room is on the second floor and is accessible by elevator. The room is equipped with a lectern and microphone. Wireless sound and projection system is available at an additional cost.
The Conference Room once served as the Family Courtroom. It is a fixed conference room with a conference table and 10 chairs. This room is on the first floor. The room has access to wifi, but no other technology is provided.
Room Reservation Process
Room reservation requests are processed by the Boone County Property Maintenance Department. For more information, contact Michael Simpson at 859-334-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Line Reservation Link Room Reservation Application PDF
Room reservation requests can be delivered to the Property Maintenance Office, 4th floor Boone County Administration Building, e-mailed to email@example.com or faxed to 859-334-3145.
Reservation Step by Step Process:
1. Room Reservation Request Received
2. If available, Room will be tentatively held for applicant and applicant notified
3. Signed Facility Use Agreement, Security Deposit and Room Rental Fee Required within 48 hours to confirm reservation
4. Security Deposit will be refunded by check within three weeks of event if all terms of agreement are met.
If the event is cancelled in writing at any time 30 calendar days prior to scheduled event, the agreement shall be terminated without penalty and the $200 security deposit will be refunded. Cancellations made less than 30 days in writing shall forfeit 50% ($100) of the deposit.
Room Rental Fees
- County Departments/ County Approved Use - $0
- Small meeting room - $20/ Day
- Main Hall - 4 hours/ Boone Resident -$50
- Main Hall – 4 Hours/ Non-Boone Resident - $100
- Main Hall - Greater than 4 hours/ Boone Resident - $100
- Main Hall- Greater than 4 Hours/ Non-Boone Resident - $200
Additional Services (all that apply)
- Standard Set-Up (100 chairs, theatre style/ 2 tables) - $0
- Minor Set-Up (50 additional chairs/ 2 tables) - $50
- Major Set- Up (more than 50 additional chairs/ 2 tables) - $150
|Facility Use Policies
Policies for the use of the facility can be found here: Facility Use Agreement Policies
| General Information
Hours: The Historic Courthouse shall be available from 8am to 10pm Monday-Thursday and 8am to midnight on Friday and Saturday. The facility is closed on all County Holidays.
Food and Beverages: No food may be prepared in the facility. All food and beverages must be previously prepared or obtained through a licensed caterer.
Alcoholic Beverages: Alcohol is prohibited in the facility. Alcohol will be promptly confiscated and criminal charges may result.
Smoking: The Historic Courthouse is tobacco free.
Furnishings: No outside furniture or furnishings may be brought into the Historic Courthouse without prior written permission.