Shelter Reservation Fee - $40.00 + tax (non–refundable)
Reservations for picnic shelters may be made by calling 859-334-2117, Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM. Payment must be made within ten (10) days of making the reservation. Payment can be made by check, money order, cash or credit card. Reservations made within 10 days of the date the shelter will be used must be paid at the time of the reservation. If payment is not received by the date specified on the invoice letter, the reservation will be canceled. No follow–up contact will be made by the Park’s office. A $5.00 handling charge is assessed for change of date and/or shelter reserved, after confirmation letter is sent. The original confirmation letter, along with the $5.00 payment must be returned to parks office prior to receiving new confirmation of change.
Special Events Requiring a Shelter Reservation
Anyone making a shelter reservation who wishes to conduct a pig roast, dunking booth, or any other such extra activity not sponsored by Boone County Parks, must make a request in writing to the Park Director. The activities below are now allowed in the Parks under the following conditions:
Pony rides/Petting zoos
- An additional fee of $50 will be required in addition to the shelter reservation fee for clean up.
- After event is over the area will be reviewed and if clean deposit will be returned.
- Provider MUST have an insurance certificate on file with the Boone County Parks Department as well as a business license.
- Inflatable must be removed immediately after event is over. Nothing may be left once the group has left.
- Provider MUST have an insurance certificate on fill with the Boone County Parks Department as well as a business license.
You may call the Parks office at 859-334-2117 for information on approved providers.
No-Charge Shelter Reservations
Monday - Friday Only
Any Reservation made on Saturday or Sunday must pay the $40 + tax fee.
No-charge Shelter Reservations
The following agencies and organizations will not be charged for shelter use; however, if any special events as outlined above are included, permission must be requested. All Boone County, Cities of Florence, Walton, and Union offices; Boone County Schools (public and parochial) for student/faculty outings, clubs, field trips, etc.; Boone County Emergency Services including Fire, Police, EMA; and Boone County Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops for troop related activities. Any no-charge reservation other than those listed above must have the approval of the Park Director or his designee.