Dinsmore Woods Nature Preserve
5700 Burlington Pike
Burlington KY 41005
Dinsmore Woods is 107 acres of old growth forest located next to the historic Dinsmore Homestead. There is an unpaved moderate to difficult trail through wildflowers and wildlife. During hunting season please use caution as private land surrounds parks. Parking is available in the Middle Creek Parking lot.
Rules for State Nature Preserves and State Natural Areas:
By observing these rules you will be helping to protect Kentucky's natural heritage.
- Preserves are open sunrise to sunset.
- Trails are open to foot traffic only. The established trail system provides you with the safest and best way to travel through the preserve. Visitors must not re-route or shortcut the existing trail system.
- Horses, bicycles, climbing and rappelling are not permitted in nature preserves because of their destructive impacts to the trails and natural features.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- Possession of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Collecting plants, animals, rocks, artifacts or wood reduces those things that are needed to maintain nature's delicate balance. Therefore, collecting, hunting and trapping are prohibited on dedicated state nature preserves.
- To ensure the natural beauty of each preserve and to promote visitor safety and enjoyment, camping, picnicking, building fires, audio equipment and pets are not permitted.
- Remember to carry out your trash.
- Unpaved Walking/Hiking Trails (1.7 miles)
- Next to the historic Dinsmore Homestead