Boone Cliffs State Nature Preserve
(You Must Have a Reservation to Visit Boone Cliffs State Nature Preserve)
The Boone County Parks Department is implementing a reservation system for the
Boone Cliffs State Nature Preserve beginning May 11, 2021. Reservations will be taken for Tuesday & Thursday weekly and the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month. Reservations are broken down into two time blocks.
Block 1: 9 AM - 1 PM, Block 2: 2 PM - 6 PM.
Each reservation is good for one vehicle.
Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.
Make your reservation online.
4990 Middle Creek Road
Burlington KY 41005
All remaining vehicles left in Park after close will be ticketed and towed.
Boone Cliffs is 74 acres of old growth forest and unique 20 to 40 foot cliff formations. There are unpaved trails rated moderate to difficult available for hiking. Limited Parking available. During hunting season please use caution as private land surrounds parks.
Rules for State Nature Preserves and State Natural Areas:
By observing these rules you will be helping to protect Kentucky's natural heritage.
- Park Hours: Spring/Summer 8 AM - 8:30 PM, Fall/Winter 8 AM - 6 PM
- Trails are open to foot traffic only. The established trail system provides you with the safest and best way to travel through the preserve. Visitors must not re-route or shortcut the existing trail system.
- Horses, bicycles, climbing and rappelling are not permitted in nature preserves because of their destructive impacts to the trails and natural features.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- Possession of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Collecting plants, animals, rocks, artifacts or wood reduces those things that are needed to maintain nature's delicate balance. Therefore, collecting, hunting and trapping are prohibited on dedicated state nature preserves.
- To ensure the natural beauty of each preserve and to promote visitor safety and enjoyment, camping, picnicking, building fires, audio equipment and pets are not permitted.
- Remember to carry out your trash.
- Unpaved Walking Trails (2.4 miles)
- 20 to 40 foot Cliff Formations