REQUIRED INSPECTIONS FOR COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS ARE REQUIRED WITH NO EXCEPTIONS. FAILURE TO CONTACT THIS OFFICE FOR THESE INSPECTIONS WILL RESULT IN THE POSTING OF A STOP WORK ORDER AND MAY REQUIRE THE REMOVAL OF COMPLETED WORK SO THE PROPER INSPECTION CAN BE MADE.
YOUR COOPERATION IN CALLING AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE FOR THESE INSPECTIONS IS APPRECIATED. THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS REQUIRED WHEN SCHEDULING AN INSPECTION: PERMIT NUMBER, TYPE OF INSPECTION, ADDRESS AND LOT NUMBER. FAILURE TO POST PERMIT PLACARDS WILL RESULT IN A CANCELLATION OF YOUR INSPECTION SCHEDULED. APPROVED PLANS MUST BE ON THE JOBSITE DURING ALL INSPECTIONS.
- FOOTING INSPECTION- Soil conditions, piers, grade beams, sub-footers when ready to pour and reinforcing steel is tied in place.
- FOUNDATION INSPECTION - when steel is tied in place and ready to pour; monolithic slabs/foundations and slabs on grade when steel, vapor barrier and perimeter insulation is in place and ready to pour.
- FRAMING INSPECTION - before insulation is installed and rough-in electric and plumbing have been approved and stickered.
- INSULATION INSPECTION - when insulation has been installed and ready for drywall lathe or covering.
- ABOVE CEILING INSPECTION - before ceilings are drywalled or covered or before ceiling tiles are placed.
- UNDERGROUND SYSTEMS - if fire suppression system is installed, underground fire line must be inspected before backfilling. Failure to obtain this inspection will require removal of backfill and covering to verify compliance with the building code.
- FINAL INSPECTION - when the project is completed and ready to occupy; when final grading has been accomplished. Please notify the appropriate local fire department official for attendance at this inspection.
NOTE: PROJECT SHALL NOT BE OCCUPIED UNTIL FINAL INSPECTION HAS BEEN MADE. FAILURE TO OBTAIN A CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY FROM THIS OFFICE PRIOR TO OCCUPANCY WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION BY THE COUNTY ATTORNEY’S OFFICE.
REINSPECTION FEE: A RE-INSPECTION FEE OF $50 WILL APPLY FOR THE THIRD INSPECTION OF THE SAME FAILED INSPECTION TYPE, AND MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO SCHEDULING THE INSPECTION.
SOIL EROSION CONTROL: Project will be monitored for soil erosion and mud on right-of-way. VIolation of these county ordinances may result in the posting of a stop work order at which time all work on the project will cease until violations are corrected.
Electric Inspections - Steve Helmer 859-746-9111
PLUMBING INSPECTIONS: 341-8228