Assisted Housing Services


Voucher holders exercising portability to Boone County are accepted.  BCAH is currently absorbing all incoming vouchers.

You must contact the Housing Authority that administers your current voucher and request that they transfer your voucher to Boone County to the following address:

                                                       Boone County Assisted Housing
                                                       PO Box 536
                                                       Burlington, KY 41005
                                                       Fax: 859-334-3127

The portability contact is:               Bobby Barnes
Your Housing Authority can email, fax or mail the packet.  If they email it, mailing or faxing is unnecessary.

Once BCAH receives the portability packet, an appointment will be set for you to provide the following:                                                

  1. Original Social Security Cards for all household members
  2. Photo I.D.'s for all adults
  3. Birth Certificates for all household members under the age of 18
  4. Proof of any income (SS award letters, 4-6 check stubs, child support printouts)
  5. Bank statement

All adults living in the household must be present for this transfer interview and a briefing will also be scheduled at a later date. Please allow at least 30 days for the transfer process.