Applications are currently being taken for families with dependents, single pregnant women age 18 or older, individuals receiving Social Security Disability or individuals age 50 or over who are currently:
- Living in Boone County
- Employed in Boone County
- Attending school full time in Boone County
All other single categories are closed at this time.
The waiting list is dependent on federal funding. You will be notified by mail when your name reaches the top of the waiting list. At the time of Voucher issuance, a group session must be attended by an adult member.
You must notify our office in writing of any changes to your application using the "To report a change form".
HOUSING ASSISTANCE MAY BE DENIED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Family evicted from Public Housing within the past 5 years;
- Family currently owes money to any housing agency in connection with the Section 8 or public housing assistance program;
- Family has engaged in or threatened abusive or violent behavior toward housing authority personnel;
- Family has engaged in drug related activities within the past 5 years.
- Family has engaged in violent criminal activity within the past 5 years;
- Family has engaged in alcohol abuse as demonstrated by 3 alcohol related incidents within the last 5 years;
- Family member has an outstanding warrant or failure to appear charges;
- Family member is registered as a sex offender;
- Family member has a felony conviction. For time served, ineligility time frame begins upon prison release.
NOTE: There is a lifetime restriction that is extended to anyone who has been convicted of murder or attempted murder or has a lifetime registration as a sex offender.
To file an application, please use the link on the left titled "On line Application for Housing". Please enter as much information as possible including date of birth and social security numbers (use actual numbers, not a generic ie 000-00-0000 or 123-45-6789). Enter a valid email for a confirmation that will outline what will be needed.